FF:WA
XIIXIX-2XIXVIIIVIIVIVT

Go Back   FF:WA > Final Fantasy Discussion > FINAL FANTASY

Old 13 Apr 12, 05:27
pumpkin spice

Hiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or two
Default dislikable characters

vaan. seemed boring and uninspired. character design is blah

genesis. I really liked his design (camui) and knew when he was quoting loveless, but I didn't understand or care what he was saying half the time. the character just seemed really out of place, not meshing with the game at all.

Old 13 Apr 12, 06:11
varla adjusts her glasses

sam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or twosam is worth a pint or two

amarant
served no purpose. at least someone like vaan and penelo made sense as a narrative tool - the inexperienced newbies who acts as an avatar for the player. amarant on the other hand was worthless. you get him really late when the party is already established, doesn't say anything, isn't funny like quina, and ugly design too.

"Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to speak and take away all doubt."- oni link, sept 23rd 2013
"This badass dude is legit badass! Loved melisandre titty!"- me
Old 13 Apr 12, 07:40
Harry Potter: The Later Years

C.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhere

I didn't really like Selphie. She's one of those happy psychopaths. I'm not kidding. Read her quotes again. She's like the Dexter of Final Fantasy.

Old 13 Apr 12, 12:49
Bring me the booze!

Maese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhereMaese Davas is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Maese Davas Send a message via MSN to Maese Davas

"Train train take us away..."

I didn't like the cowboy, Irvine.

From FFX I didn't like Khimari. Besides that bit early on where you learn that he was bullied by the other Ronso with bigger horns and why his was broken (the phallic references!), it basically became irrelevant and boring. His Sphere Grid path is algo boring... basically his is to follow on someone else's path.

-MD

Old 14 Apr 12, 02:21
ultimate fashionista

Trent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhereTrent is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to Trent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maese Davas View Post
From FFX I didn't like Khimari. Besides that bit early on where you learn that he was bullied by the other Ronso with bigger horns and why his was broken (the phallic references!), it basically became irrelevant and boring. His Sphere Grid path is algo boring... basically his is to follow on someone else's path.
agreed.

also that one little summoner girl from ff9. i don't remember her name. eiko maybe? seemed pointless

[23:09] okayenid: a little casualness is alright
[19:57] okayenid: ive never played a game where i killed more kids
Old 17 Apr 12, 12:51
Demi-God:Demi-Goddess

Lionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or two
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart Send a message via MSN to Lionheart Send a message via Yahoo to Lionheart Send a message via Skype™ to Lionheart

I disagree about Eiko. Most the FF9 character seemed to advance the plot a little except Amarant who was only there for...no, he was even uninspired as a jerk. Vincent and Yuffie were pretty dull too. I used to like Kimahri when I was younger but he's really just..eh. Zell was fucking annoying. You know those really loud, obnoxious teenage boys who are probably alright personality wise but you just want them to shut up? That's Zell. Seymour seemed very generic. "I'll destroy the world to save it." and his voice actor wasn't exactly the best.

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by Lionheart; 17 Apr 12 at 12:58.
Old 21 Apr 12, 04:59
Memento Mori

DarkLaguna being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkDarkLaguna being german is not very helpful at this point we think

Haha, some of the dislikables in this thread are among my favorites: Amarant, Yuffie, Selphie, and Vincent. They might not have played much of a role in the games, but they had enough story to have at least a workable personality.

But I'll agree with Vaan being completely out of place and pointless to the story; The fact that he was the main character was pointless. I can see the need to have an outside perspective of the storyline events, if that was the way they wanted to write the story, but they could have had a more interesting character, and gave him more motivation other than "I think I'll tag along just for the hell of it".

And yeah, the 'joke' characters, like Umaru, Quina, Cait Sith, etc. I never use unless forced to. They have no personality and seems to be there purely as comedic relief (much like Jar-Jar binks... X_x).
Old 22 May 12, 15:48
Hisssssss...

some lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to some lad Send a message via MSN to some lad

vincent is great. i like amarant too, but that's mostly because he's a monk.
Old 22 May 12, 19:20
Demi-God:Demi-Goddess

Lionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or twoLionheart is worth a pint or two
Send a message via AIM to Lionheart Send a message via MSN to Lionheart Send a message via Yahoo to Lionheart Send a message via Skype™ to Lionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLaguna View Post
But I'll agree with Vaan being completely out of place and pointless to And yeah, the 'joke' characters, like Umaru, Quina, Cait Sith, etc. I never use unless forced to. They have no personality and seems to be there purely as comedic relief (much like Jar-Jar binks... X_x).
Cait Sith had a little bit of purpose. Quina I can agree was just comic relief but seriously, none of the characters thought to ask, "Where the fuck were you when all this shit went down like in the Iifa Tree or Alexandria?" But hey, Jar Jar wasn't pointless. It was because of him that Palpatine was voted emergency powers and was allowed to declare himself Emperor. So yeah, twenty plus years of suffering all because of Jar Jar Binks.

This post was smuggled in from Mexico by Lionheart; 31 May 12 at 23:44.
Old 29 May 12, 15:11
Immortal:Sorceress

Fox being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkFox being german is not very helpful at this point we think

From FFX: Tidus. One of the most annoying main protagonists in the franchise in my opinion. His English voice made it all the worse.

Vaan from FFXII: Served absolutely no purpose other then to attract 14-16 year old Japanese school girls to the game.

I agree about Quina aswell.
Old 29 May 12, 19:11
1979-2013

Oni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhereOni is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via MSN to Oni

Who the fuck is Amarant? And Genesis?

Also, never played 'em, but I'm gonna go ahead and say every Square character in every Kingdom Hearts game post-1. Just look at these assholes and their fucking Neo coats.

Old 31 May 12, 21:01
Ratchet Ass Bitch

Clod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhereClod Strif is a shining example to nerds everywhere

yeah they're all can of beanss.
Old 1 Jun 12, 06:03
See you space cowboy...

TheHood like no otherTheHood like no otherTheHood like no other

Seifer was a pillock. Still better than Amarant though, who made the mistake of being redundant.
Old 22 Jun 12, 16:45
Hisssssss...

some lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywheresome lad is a shining example to nerds everywhere
Send a message via AIM to some lad Send a message via MSN to some lad

but amarant is a monk! he's even got chakra to prove it!
Old 18 Jul 12, 19:29
Ow, my entire life.

Savae like no otherSavae like no otherSavae like no otherSavae like no otherSavae like no other
Send a message via Skype™ to Savae

Never did like Tidus... I thought that it would be good to give him a chance, since Zidane (who also had the laidback disposition) turned out to be so likeable...

Tidus was just nothing short of annoying for the entire duration of the game. His voice, his eager-beaver wannabe the hero attitude, and his daddy issues... Groan.
Old 19 Jul 12, 04:16
pumpkin spice

Hiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or twoHiryu is worth a pint or two

couldn't stand Tidus either. woah new world who r u what do we do

Old 1 Aug 12, 18:22
in the ass

Kaysow like no otherKaysow like no otherKaysow like no otherKaysow like no other

Genesis is probably the worst
Old 12 Sep 14, 05:39
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

prettyboy squall. ruined ff8 for me. like cloud starts off with a bit of a similar attitude but cloud is cool, squall isnt. i dont get why rinoa likes him except hes such a prettyboy.

but then ff8 got redeemed by the battle system. it's one of my faves in ff and makes me actually like the game a lot. as in end of disc 3/disc 4, im not playing thru fkkin dawsons creek again iykwim

I think it's kind of like...girls like sausages and boys like sausage rolls.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 13 Sep 14, 18:26

C.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhereC.W. is a shining example to nerds everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
prettyboy squall. ruined ff8 for me. like cloud starts off with a bit of a similar attitude but cloud is cool, squall isnt. i dont get why rinoa likes him except hes such a prettyboy.
That awkward moment when you realise you're projecting a lot more than you intended...

Squall's just a teenage dirtbag, baby- listen to iron maiden maybe
Old 13 Sep 14, 18:30
Black Belt

PauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we thinkPauLo being german is not very helpful at this point we think

what am i projecting? i'm not a teenage dirtbag, i'm more like cloud than squall.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 14 Sep 14, 06:43
Black Belt

Eeek

Like when I was 17 I wasn't some angsty loser, I'd already had my hand down 4 girls' pants and an Oxford interview. Maybe now I'm 30 and still almost living in my mum's basement, but I'm not sure how I was expected to sort out education/career when I was spending so much time in hospital and generally fucked up.

I am now taking steps to remedy the situation.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 14 Sep 14, 21:18

lol I was implying more the whole FF7 fanboy mentality of Cloud rox/Squall sux from about 14 years ago. But it's cool.
Old 14 Sep 14, 22:20
Black Belt

hehe oh i maybe just read far too deep into that.

The L is for Love ;)
Old 8 Oct 14, 09:33
rollin fatties

The Opposite is an unknown quantity at this point we think
Send a message via AIM to The Opposite Send a message via MSN to The Opposite Send a message via Yahoo to The Opposite

Shame u made this thread rly awkward for everyone else
Old 8 Oct 14, 10:08
Black Belt

maybe more awkward for me?

The L is for Love ;)