FFVII - Walkthrough - 1.19 Betrayal
|Items in This Area|
|Protect Vest, Choco Feather, Elixir|
Pilot the Tiny Bronco back to the Gold Saucer area. Go to the weapon smith's house on the peninsula near the desert and talk to him--he'll explain that you need the Keystone, which he no longer has. Get back in Cid's airplane, and leave it on the shore by the desert. You need to get to the Golden Saucer, so either walk or find a wild Chocobo and ride it back to North Corel. Then take the ropeway up to the Gold Saucer. Go to the Battle Square and look for an opening on the right side of the room labled 'Dio's Show Room'. Inside, examine the glittering object on top of the large stand; it's the Keystone. Dio, the big lug who threw you out of the Gold Saucer before, will show up and offer you a challenge: fight in the Battle Square and he'll give you the Keystone. When you have a choice, pick the top option to accept or the bottom option to temporarily decline. You'll now have to fight in the Battle Square using only Cloud. Keep in mind that even if you lose the very first battle, Dio will still give you the Keystone.
If you want to try and see if you can win all the battles, then keep fighting. After each battle, the message 'GREAT!' will appear, followed by two options. Choose the right option to stop fighting, or the left option to continue fighting. If you choose to continue, a jackpot-like device will appear. You can stop it from spinning by pressing the O button, and whatever comes up when you press O will take affect prior to the start of the next battle. Depending on what you get, different things will happen to you, although certain accessories can render you immune to some of the more debilitating effects.
Furthermore, the status ailments that you are afflicted with as a result of the jackpot stay with you from battle to battle, and you're forced to stop the jackpot after each battle, so you could end up being a poisoned, petrified frog in a few rounds, if you're not careful. If you last through seven battles, then the fighting ends.
Refer to 'Having Fun' (Sec. 7.6) for a complete explanation of how the Battle Square works, but keep in mind that although you will earn Battle Points during the battle, they are reset to zero when the battle ends since you end up in the Show Room (and the way things work you lose all the Battle Points you earn if you leave the main room at any time). Should you make it through all the battles, Dio will give you a Protect Vest and a Choco Feather, in addition to the Keystone.
There's nothing else you need to do at the Gold Saucer now, but when you try to leave, you'll discover that the ropeway that the sky lift travels up and down is broken, leaving you stranded in the Saucer. Cait Sith will either show up (or leave your party, if he's already with you guys) and suggest that you all meet him at the Ghost Hotel. At the Hotel, you and your allies will chat for awhile. In the next scene, you'll find yourself in your room.
At this point in the game, a character will come into your room and ask to go on a date with you. While it's usually Aeris, you can go on a date with Tifa, Yuffie, or even Barret.
Chances are, your date will be with Aeris, because if you are nice to her even once, you're stuck with her. I was trying to get Yuffie to go with me and was mean to everyone but her, and I still got stuck with Tifa. If anyone out there knows how to get Tifa or Barret consitently and would like to share the method with me, I'd happily add it to the FAQ. For now though, you can thank two resourceful contributors for this step-by step guide to getting Yuffie as your date.
Keep in mind that it's based on the Japanese version of the game, so the conversations/events may seem a little different. Also credit is also given to the original writer of this guide, since it was translated from Japanese into English:
THE GUIDE TO DATING YUFFIE
originally written by ????
translated by Case (firstname.lastname@example.org)
edited by Yasha (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
thanks to Mooncalf (McLeodM@msn.com)
Everyone likes Yuffie, the 14 year old ninja with spunk. Finally, you can do the ultimate (clean) fantasy - you can date Yuffie! But then half the fun of slaving through the guide is the fact that you can kick dirt in Aeris and Tifa's face, call them worthless, irresponsible and ugly, and they'll STILL like you in the end! So here we go:
This was originally taken from a Japanese guide, but has been translated and edited for the English version. Also credit is given to the original writer of this guide, whomever he may be. The original writer, translater and editor will not claim responsibility if you read through this guide and it essentially destroys the first half of the game. I've dated Yuffie, obviously, so it can be done, however, I suggest you play the game 'straight' first, as some key parts are missed (Honey Bee Inn, talk with Zack's parents). This is best followed when you play through a second time.
GENERAL TIPS FOR DATING YUFFIE
Always try to have Red 13 and Barret in your party before getting Yuffie. After getting Yuffie, make sure she's always the second character, unless specified otherwise, (like when a character insists on joining you). The third character can be anybody but one of the girls (unless specified otherwise).
- When you talk to allies, always talk to Yuffie first.
- If you're in doubt when making choices, remember the object is of getting Tifa/Aeris's favour of you down (that is, be nasty to them), and getting Yuffie's favour of you up.
- Finally, make sure the Cover materia is always equipped on Cloud when Yuffie's in your party, so that he can protect her.
- Below is what choices you need to make to date Yuffie - don't be daunted by the number of instructions. And note that skipping out on a minor choice or two is fine, but watch for the major ones. Good luck dating Yuffie!
1. When you first meet Aeris after the bombing mission and she
asks, 'What happened?', tell her, 'Nothing has. Listen..'
2. Then 'Nevermind.'
3. When she asks if Cloud would like a flower, say 'Forget it.'
4. Talk to Jessie in the train a few times, then choose 'I'll be waiting'.
5. In front of 7th Heaven, don't talk to Barret a second time.
6. When Tifa asks 'Did you fight with Barret?' say 'Not this time'.
7. Talk to Biggs. When he comments about the food, say 'Yeah, why not.'
8. Talk to Wedge, and choose to drink with him.
9. When you talk to Tifa at the bar, say 'I don't feel like talking.'
10. In the Avalanche hideout, after talking to Barret and then talking to Tifa, choose '....sorry.'
11. Then, when Tifa asks, 'Did you sleep well?' say 'Barret's snoring kept me up.'
12. When Barret asks about using materia, say 'Okay, I'll explain it.'
13. In Johnny's house, when you talk to his father a third time and he asks about Cloud's hometown, say 'Who cares!' not 'Nibelheim..'
14. When you're in the train to attack the second mako reactor, Jessie asks 'Do I look good in Shinra uniform?' say, 'Yeah..'
15. when falling from bridge, say to Tifa, 'I mightn't be able to make it,' not 'I don't think I can hold on.'
16. When Aeris asks 'do you remember me?', say 'Never seen you before.'
17. When Aeris says 'I've got a lot of things to tell you,' don't say 'Okay, I'll listen,' instead say, 'there's nothing to talk about.
18. When Reno enters and Aeris says, 'Ignore him,' talk to Reno.
19. When Aeris is attacked, and she says 'Cloud, help me,' say, 'Wait a minute', and drop all the wrong barrels.
20. At Aeris's house, when Aeris asks if Tifa is your girlfriend, say, 'Yes, that's right'.
21. At the park, when Aeris says, 'I don't want to go home,' say 'I'll take you to 7th Heaven'.
22. Don't go to the Honey Inn in the wall market, and try to make Aeris be chosen (only three dress-up items).
23. When in Don Corneo's house, say when you save Tifa, 'We've gotta save Aeris!'
24. In the sewer after the boss, talk to Aeris then Tifa.
25. When you talk to Marlene at Aeris's house, and she asks, 'Is Aeris your girlfriend?' say 'I don't know.'
26. In front of the Shinra building, say, 'Let's bust on in!'
27. At the 61st floor, talk to the guy who has keycard to the 62nd floor, and say first, 'Where's Aeris?' then, '....'.
28. At 68th floor, when you first save Aeris and you get to choose who takes Aeris away, say 'Tifa, I'm counting on you.'
29. In jail, talk to Red XIII first,
30. then talk to Barret,
31. then talk to Aeris,
32. then talk to Tifa. When Tifa says, 'Can you get us out of here,' don't choose 'Leave it to me,' choose 'It'll be difficult.'
33. And then go to sleep.
34. Before the bike race, in your party to fight that bulldozer boss, have Red and Barret in your party.
35. Talk to Red first when you escape.
36. Then talk to Barret, and say 'I'm not sure.'
37. Then when talking to Tifa and Aeris, say 'The journey's going to be dangerous, are you sure you still want to go?'
38. Now have Red and Barret in your party until past the Mithril cave.
39. In the Kalm flashblack, say you did go into Tifa's house.
40. Say you did go into Tifa's room,
41. Say you looked at Tifa's letter on desk
42. Say you read it.
43. Say you remember it very well.
44. Look at the drawers, and then say 'Yes, I really did look in your drawers.'
45. After the flashback, when you talk to Barret about him wanting to go off and fight now, say 'Is that all?'
46. After going through Mythril mine, go and get Yuffie straight away (before going to Junon). It helps if you're at a high level, and remember, this is based on luck, so use any Luck Sources you may have.
47. In front of the Fort Condor, with PHS, make the members of the party, Aeris and Tifa.
48. After going inside, talk to the sitting guy, say 'Not interested' twice.
49. Go outside, and with PHS, make Yuffie and Red members. Then go in, talk to the same guy and say, 'Well, lets do it.'
50. After someone says in Fort Condor, 'Are you going to rest?' say 'I want to rest'.
51. In Junon, if you don't have any 'Tranquilizer', buy some.
52. In the cargo ship, talk to Yuffie, and she talks about 'Tranquilizers', say, 'I'll use it.'
53. When Aeris says, 'The Airship is wonderful, isn't it?' say 'I dunno,' not 'I'll let you on one day.'
54. Tifa says, 'I wish war'd disappear. Right, Cloud?', say 'I dunno.'
55. When you make up a party to fight first Jenova boss, use Yuffie and Red.
56. When you go to Costa del Sol, go to the beach and say, 'Hey, look at that girl in the bikini!', don't say, 'Hey that's Hojo!'
57. In the inn, talk to Aeris lying in her bed and when she says, 'What do you think of me?' say, 'Nothing much.'
58. Go house next to bar, talk to Tifa who's talking to Johnny, when she says, 'Don't worry', say 'I'm not worried.'
59. Talk to the person on Corel path.
60. At the save point on the Correl railway, with PHS, make members Tifa and Aeris.
61. Investigate the birds nest and say, 'Take the treasure.'
62. Straight away in North Correl, make a member change to Yuffie and Red.
63. In the talk before going on Ropeway to Gold Saucer, choose 'Let's get on.'
64. In the Gold Saucer, just talk to Yuffie and make her a part of the team.
65. In prison, because Barret must be in your party, make the party with Barret and Yuffie.
66. After the escape from prison, make the party Yuffie and Cait Sith.
67. At Gongaga, when with Reno and Rude, don't say 'Get outta my way,' say 'Sector 7?'
68. Listen to Scarlet and Tseng's conversation.
69. Go outside and change members to Aeris and Tifa.
70. Go to Zack's house, and when Aeris and Tifa leave you, ignore them and leave.
71. After out of Gongaga, make the party Yuffie and Red.
72. At Cosmo Canyon, talk to Yuffie (she's in the materia shop, surprise, surprise!)
73. In the Planetarium, put Yuffie and Cait Sith into the party.
74. When you're around the Cosmo Candle, talk in this order: Yuffie, Barret, Aeris, Tifa, Red.
75. In Gi clan's cave, make the party as Yuffie and Red.
76. At Nibelheim, make Vincent part of your party, and then talk to Sephiroth.
77. In the Rocket Town, when you get the Tiny Bronco, listen to Yuffie when she says, 'Lets go to the west (to Wutai).'
78. At Wutai, Yuffie takes your materia. At this time, although there'll be less members, do not replace Yuffie before she runs off.
79. After the battle with the Shinra Soldiers, choose your party between Vincent, Cait Sith, Cid, and Red.
80. At Wutai, when you've caught Yuffie, pull the left lever as she says.
81. Finish the Wutai events.
82. Try and beat the Pagoda. I managed to beat the four-face boss by using the ???? enemy skill, maxing her with HP Plus materia and keeping Yuffie just high enough so that she survives if he uses Beast Sword.
83. Then go to Gold Saucer, get the Keystone, and watch the date sequence begin!
Congratulations! You should now date Yuffie! And remember, say SOMETHING! :)
PS. You can actually 'date' Barret also. I haven't done this, but some people in Japan have. If you want to try this, I can't help you, except to perhaps do everything in this guide that hurts Tifa and Aeris and don't pick up Yuffie until the last possible minute.
(back to the FAQ)
It's likely that this guide could be used to date any character, if you replace Yuffie with (Aeris/Tifa/Barret) and make your choices accordingly, adjusting them for who you're trying to get. Anyway, once the date sequnce starts up, here's what to do:
First, you'll go to the Event Square. Since you're the 100th person to come here that day, you and Aeris will be offered a role in the upcoming play. What you do here doesn't affect the game in any way, so just pick whatever options you'd like and watch one of the many humorous endings. If I wrote it out, it would ruin the fun, so.... Next, you'll ride the gondola in the Round Square. When your partner looks out the window, you can press left to look out, too, and see various FMV sequences showcasing the events at the Gold Saucer.
After the date is over, Cloud and his date will return to the Station Square only to find Cait Sith sneaking around with the Keystone. He'll run away when Cloud yells at him, and you have to chase him around various sections of the Gold Saucer. (If you don't want to waste time doing that, then go to the Chocobo Square, enter it, and chase Cait Sith back outside). Eventually, Cait will stop at the steps outside of the Chocobo Square. The Shinra helicopter shows up, and Cait will toss the Keystone up to Tseng. When confronted by Cloud and your ally, Cait reveals that he is in fact a spy for the Shinra. He insists that he continues to travel with Cloud and his friends because he has taken Marlene as a hostage back in Midgar.
Once Cait Sith leaves, you'll find yourself back in the Ghost Hotel. Check the iron maiden for an Elixir (notice the sound it makes; it sounds just like Norstein Bekkler's laugh [the guy from Chrono Trigger!]). Leave the room to meet up with your allies again. After a brief talk, Aeris will join your party, becoming a permanent member. Pick another ally and then leave the Saucer, since the ropeway is now repaired.
Now that you're back at North Corel, leave and return where you parked the Tiny Bronco. Look at the World Map. See the tiny chain of islands near the bottom of the map? Just to the right of them and to the left of Mideel and the Fort Condor is a large island. If you go there, you'll see a large temple surrounded by a forest. This is your next destination, so land the Tiny Bronco at the shore and head to the temple.